<--MediaAlpha-->

Call for FREE quotes:

Licensed insurance agents are available to speak with you

How Does Health Insurance Work

If you’re looking for health insurance, but you don’t understand how it works, allow Getmyhealthinsured.com to help you find the best insurance for you and your families. Health insurance can seem complicated, but that’s because it hasn’t been explained properly. Health insurance is simply a contract between an individual or group and an insurance company. This contract allows the insured (policyholder) to utilize health care facilities, doctors, nurses, and anything else necessary to keep us healthy without paying the full price. Here at Getmyhealthinsured.com, we help you find the right health insurance that has an affordable premium, or monthly fee, and a deductible, or the amount of money you pay until your insurance begins.

The insured, this can be anyone, pays a monthly fee, called a premium. For the insurance to take effect, the insured must meet their deductible, which the payer pays out of pocket for health care services until the insurance begins.

Once the insurance starts, the insured will only have to pay a portion of the cost. For example, if an individual has surgery costing $10,000, 
the insured would pay only 20%, and the insurance company would pay the rest or 80%. (This is simply an example. Not all insurance coverage is based on 20/80, but it’s a common percentage used). Doctors and other health care providers who are “In-Network” offer lower rates for their customers. However, there may be times when an insured individual must find services that are “Out Of Network.” These providers do not offer a lower rate, so instead of paying 80% of your bill, they will end up paying much less. Nonetheless, sometimes we need to see someone who is not in-network, and as long as you have insurance, you can count on them paying a little something. 

In addition to regular health care services, there’s something else many insurance companies offer: preventative care. This type of care can be in the form of mammograms or prostate exams, just to name a few. And when you visit us at Getmyhealthinsured.com, we will help you find the insurance company that offers these free services. 

Now, there are other ways to purchase health insurance. You can go it alone and scroll through numerous websites trying to find the most affordable insurance. The problem with this approach is it can take hours out of your day that we’re confident you’d rather spend time doing other things, like being with your family or your children or just hanging out. 

Please understand. We’re not here to make your decisions for you, nor are we here to tell you which insurance company is the best for you and your current situation. 

© 2021 GetMyHealthInsured.com. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. GetMyHealthInsured.com is a privately owned website and is not associated with any state or Federal government, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid, healthcare.gov or the Department of Health and Human Services and is not an insurer or licensed agency.